Saturday Happenings

Sunday 1 June 2014


I think exploring the city you live in is highly underrated. I love taking days off to explore Melbourne, and today I took a little trip around the city.



The National Gallery of Victoria was my first stop. There are always incredible exhibitions at the NGV and today was no exception. My favourite of the day would have to be the David McDiarmid exhibition. His work is powerful and extremely moving. It is bright, full of life experiences and exciting times, but underneath is a kind of sadness. The art is charming, funny and thought provoking. McDiarmid's work covers everything from popular culture to gay liberation.


For lunch we went to Wagamamas. I always love this place for cheap, quick Japanese food. I am a huge fan of a bento box and a juices.  I got the chicken katsu curry bento box with the apple, mint and lime juice. The vibe is always relaxed at Wagamas and it is especially great when you don't have much time to eat. Having a break and a bite to eat was a great chance to people watch and take a breather in between the gallery and our next stops, Alpha 60 and Robb & Lulu.



Alpha 60 first caught my eye when I attended a Melbourne Fashion Week show. The styles and designs are unique and absolutely Melbourne. I have always loved their tops especially as they sit really well on me. Their clothes are effortlessly stylish and chic.  I was lucky enough to pick up this gorgeous dress. It is a summer item however, I think I can definitely wear it in winter with a jumper. I also couldn't help myself and got a cute pair of their silver socks that were displayed at the counter. 

Robb & Lulu is another Australian brand and is mostly known for their swimwear. However, I am completely in love with the lingerie they are doing at the  moment. The hand drawn designs are pure art and the fabrics are incredibly soft making these pieces perfection. This style of underwear and the fabrics used are really comfortable to wear, which is a must for me. Definitely worth a look.


What have you guys been up to this weekend? Also, follow me on bloglovin' to keep updated with my latest posts :)

- C 







  1. Twins! A friend and I skipped class and to go gallery hopping during the week. I agree, there is so many beautiful things to see and experiences to be had in your hometown. I'll definitely be putting aside a day soon to go and explore! And to check out Wagamamas, sounds yum -rubster xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah there is always something new to see in Melbourne, it's great :) Wagamas is great!

      Delete
  2. I'd love to go to Melbourne one day, it seems so pretty! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melbourne is great! Hopefully you get to visit soon :)

      Delete
  3. This looks like so much fun! The Japanese food looks amazing! x
    Rena Kiss and Make Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the comment Rena!
      Congrats on hitting 150 followers!

      Delete
  4. Ahhh, so exciting to see Wagamamas exists in Melbourne as well! I've been in Wagamamas in London twice during my holidays beginning of this year and I was obsessed with the Ramen and all different kinds of juices :) It's so good! Wish we could have it in Vienna as well!
    The gallery looks really cute, I like the picture "Tube of Happiness" ... would make a good design for a real toothpaste, maybe people wouldn't look so grumpy then in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Isa, I will have to try the Ramen next time! Haha, the gallery was great xxx

      Delete

Back To Top